We Are Taking Emergency Appointments Only
As healthcare providers, the health of our patients, our community, and our staff are our top priorities. Due to the rising concern about the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we have made the decision that, for the time being, we will be seeing emergency patients by appointment only.
We have made this decision after discussions with medical professionals in our community and in accordance with the recommendations of the American Dental Association (ADA) and the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We are confident this is in the best interest of our patients and our staff members.
Additional Safety Measures:
We have reinforced our already comprehensive Infection Control procedures with our team members, which include frequent handwashing, use of clean masks and gloves, and disinfecting all surfaces in the treatment rooms and reception areas. We are also taking the following additional steps:
- Increasing the frequency of thorough cleaning and disinfecting of all areas of the office.
- Instructing team members to stay home if they’ve traveled to high risk areas or if they have any COVID-19 related symptoms.
- Removing communal items that may be touched by multiple people throughout the day such as our coffee station and magazines.
We will continue to provide essential treatment for patients who need dental care. Any appointments for non-essential treatment, including hygiene appointments, will be rescheduled after April 6th.
We will be taking the following precautions to protect your safety along with the safety of our team members while the pandemic continues:
- Our protocol for check-in will change to a team member greeting you at the door and verbally checking you in.
- Once in the practice, a team member will ask a series of questions to assess your risk level of exposure to COVID-19. You may be asked to reschedule your appointment if you are determined to be high risk.
- Guests accompanying patients to their appointments will be asked to stay outside of the practice. Exceptions will be made for children and patients needing assistance. In these cases, each patient will be limited to one guest.
- We highly encourage calling the practice prior to arriving during this time. All appointments should be scheduled in advance.
Here’s How You Can Help:
- Please arrive at your scheduled appointment on time. Do not arrive early.
- If you do have a short wait time before your appointment, please practice social distancing in the waiting area by maintaining a minimum of six feet between yourself and other people.
In the event you wish to reschedule an appointment, including non-essential appointments beginning after April 6th, we are happy to help. Please consider rescheduling if any of the following apply:
- You, or anyone in your immediate family, have traveled from/through China, Japan, Iran, South Korea, Europe or an area in the U.S. with a significant number of reported COVID-19 cases within the last 30 days.
- You, or anyone in your immediate family, have had known exposure to COVID-19.
You are experiencing any flu-like or COVID-19 related symptoms (fever, persistent cough, shortness of breath).
In closing, once again, the safety of our patients, team members and community are paramount. As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, we will continue to actively monitor the local situation and follow CDC recommendations.
We are hopeful that these proactive changes will contribute to helping our community get past the COVID-19 situation soon. We are committed to serving our community and are here to help!